We would be happy to read your comments about the Live Streaming.
Please use out Twitter account @luxeuroswim or our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luxembourgeuromeet/
Thanks in advance for your kind input
Last Session Meet Records
The total counter stops at ... 38 ( ! !) meet records. This afternoon:
• 400 freestyle women Mireia Belmonte 4:07.94
• 400 freestyle men Velimir Stjepanovic 3:48.70
• 50 backstroke women Mercedes Peris 28.12
• 100 butterfly women Ilaria Bianchi 58.59
• 100 butterfly men Lazslo Cseh 51.40
• 100 breast men Marco Koch 1:00.45
• 100 freestyle women Katinka Hosszu 54.58
• 100 freestyle men Velimir Stjepanovic 48.50
• 200 backstroke women Daryna Zevina 2:09.95
• 4x100 Medley Mixed Energy Standard UKR 3:54.30
Session 4 Meet Records Counter
No session without meet records!
• 50 backstroke women Mercedes Peris ESP 28.85
• following heat Katinka Hosszu 28.80
• 100 butterfly women Ilaria Bianchi ITA 59.27
• 200 backtroke women Daryna Zevina UKR 2:10.17
The overwhelming impression of the finals of day two is that in each final but 3, the winners broke the meet record! So far, there is a total of 24 meet records bettered over the two days.
Katinka Hosszu, the Iron Lady, shows once more how versatile she is, winning 4 events on day 2, for a total of 5 golds and one bronze so far. Julie Meynen from LUX broke her own national record at the 50 free in 25.31.
On the men's side, Laszlo Cseh confirmed his supremacy in the two 200's, im and fly. Stjepanovic (200 free) is on his way back to the top, while Ben Proud sprints to gold twice (50 free and fly). A special note for the 200 breast of World Champion Marco Koch who swam faster than in Kazan when he earned gold. In 2:07.69, he is now the clear leader of the season's World Rankings.
Finals Meet Records Counter
Day 2 Saturday 30th January, the show goes on with 13 meet records:
• 200 free women Katinka Hosszu 1:56.81
• 200 free men Velimir Stjepanovic SRB 1:46.10
• 50 breast men Alex Murphy IRL 27.61
• 50 fly women Katinka Hosszu 26.62
• 50 fly men Ben Proud GBR 23.26
• 100 back women Katinka Hosszu 1:00.00
• 100 back men Shane Ryan IRL 54.70
• 200 im women Katinka Hosszu 2:10.70
• 200 im men Laszlo Cseh 1:59.01
• 200 breast men Marco Koch 2:07.69
• 200 fly women Franziska Hentke GER 2:08.64
• 200 fly men Laszlo Cseh 1:56.58
• 50 free men Ben Proud 21.95
Prelims Meet Records Counter
Another four Meet Records to add during the heats of day 2:
• Katinka Hosszu (HUN) 100 backstroke 1:00.48
• Jan Philip Glania (GER) 100 backstroke 54.93
• Katinka Hosszu 200 individual medley 2:10.75
• Ben Proud (GBR) 50 freestyle 22.11
This 18th Euro Meet started at very high speed, with swimmers who accumulated 398 international medals at major championships. Such famous names as Katinka Hosszu, Mireia Belmonte and Laszlo Cseh are already at a good level of preparation in view of the Olympics. They broke three meet records (see other post) in races as difficult as 400 im and 800 freestyle. Newcomer Romanchuk (Youth Olympic Games winner 400 free 2014) could show his progress at the 1500 free, and it is expected to have a nice final of the 200 fly women between Belmonte and Hosszu, but Hentke and Ignacio, who broke the meet record, might join the battle for medals.
Six Meet Records Day #1
First race, first Meet record for Katinka Hosszu who betters her own record in 4:34.33 at the 400m individual medley. Followed by Laszlo Cseh Meet record in 4:17.41 at the 400im men.
200 fly women during prelims Franziska Hentke 2:09.57, and later on Judith Ignacio 2:09.54 in the last heat.
800 free Mireia Belmonte 8:28.82 - 1500 free men Mykhailo Romanchuk 15:06.15
Opening Press Conference. Marco Stacchiotti, President of FLNS, announced a partnership with "Bâloise Assurances". In attendance were (from left to right) R. Stacchiotti, L. Carnol, L. Cseh, K. Hosszu, M. Koch and V. Sjepanovic
Saturday Morning: The heats of the 200m freestyle women and men (event 8, 9) are split into the 8 fastest heats beginning at 8:00 (women) and at 8:25 (men), and the slowest heats (7 women, 11 men) beginning approximately at 13:00 (women) and at 13:20 (men).
ATTENTION • FINALS Saturday and Sunday
There are other events at the Coque (Basket Ball... Track & Field) this week-end, therefore the parking "Coque 1" is fully packed. Please use the alternate one "Parking Konrad Adenauer". It is only less than 10mn walking distance, and there are shuttle buses running Saturday Afternoon and Sunday Afternoon.
Please find here the Entry List as of 28.01.2016 >>>
Reserve Swimmers of Event 6, 7, 23 and 24 are marked with R (according to Rules and Regulations 2.9) Any other requests will be dicussed at the Team Leaders Meeting, January 29 at 14:30 in the press room, 1st floor of the Pool (next to restaurant "La Perla")
New Time Schedule
Due to the high number of entries the Euro Meet OC decided to adapt the Time Schedule as followed:
Great news: the Euro Meet will be on Live Streaming! All heats and finals (5 sessions) to be viewed here
Katinka Hosszu, known as the « Iron Lady » within the swimming family, will attend the 2016 Euro Meet at the end of the month (29th-31st January). With the participation of the Magyar, the Euro Meet welcomes all European medley queens, as Hosszu will race Mireia Belmonte (ESP), Hannah Miley (GBR) and Zsuzsanna Jakabos (HUN). Read more >>>
A story about the Euro Meet
Please visit SwimSpire to read the detailed piece giving you a lot of information about the History and the Spirit of the Euro Meet:
The Organising Committee of the 2016 Euro Meet announced the entry of World Champion Marco Koch, from Germany. At the World Championships, which were held in August in the Russian City of Kazan, he won the gold medal in 200m brest ahead of Kevin Cordes (USA) and 2012 Olympic Champion Daniel Gyurta (HUN). Read more >>>
Belmonte leads strong Spanish Team
The great Spanish Champion Mireia Belmonte attended the Euro Meet in 2015 for the first time, but unfortunately she was injured some months later and could not participate at the Kazan (RUS) World Championships in August 2015. She is now swimming again in competition... Read more >>>